100 gram, 500 gram, 1000 gram, 3000 gram (5 L)
Mycelium – Shiitake
49,95 kr. – 749,95 kr.
Shiitake mycelium – Like oyster mushroom, shiitake mushrooms can be grown on coffee grounds or other types of pasteurized plant fibers.
- A clean plastic bucket with a lid or a plastic bag. Approx. 2.0 – 2.5 liters.
- Approx. 100 g mycelium. (Must be kept refrigerated)
- Coffee grounds, fresh and chilled.
- A spoon to stir the mixture together.
I have had the best results using coffee grounds from filter coffee, plunger jug or similar.
Coffee grounds from an espresso machine can be very dry.
PROCEDURE (WITH FINISHED QUANTITY OF COFFEE GROUNDS – ENOUGH TO FILL YOUR CONTAINER):
- Cut 2-4 round holes of approx. 1.0 cm in diameter in the container, depending on the size of the container. Disinfect the container and other utensils with boiling water. If you use a bag, you can cut 1-2 cm long grooves, and avoid disinfection.
- Put breathable tape such as sports tape or masking tape over the holes.
- Mix coffee grounds and mycelium thoroughly in the container. The bag / bucket must be filled and the contents must be pressed well together. Put the lid on the bucket or close the bag tightly at the top.
- After 2-3 weeks, the mycelium will have passed through the coffee grounds, and after another 1-2 weeks, the first fungi will begin to grow.
- When the fungi are growing out, it is a good idea to spray them daily with a water sprayer as they may otherwise dry out.
NOTE! When ordering 5 Liters of mycelium (3000 grams), there is a 7-10 day delivery time
Happy mushroom farming.